Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Where do stupid people come from?????????

First of all, let me start by saying hello to shane. I have enjoyed reading your blog (shane's apples and the new "rebirth") , hopefully I spelled those right. Glad you decided to stick around.

Now, when I was a young buck I did alot of crazy stuff. Im sure that I got on "grown folk's " nerves quite often. I did, however, have a sense of respect for most people. This doesnt seem to be the case with most of today's younger generation. For instance, I drive alot with my job and spend a lot of time in traffic. I can't tell you how many times I have almost been involved in accidents because of people not paying attention to the road, the stoplights, the speed limit (oh yeah!...its a speed limit people........not a SPEED SUGGESTION)
So the question is "where did all these stupid people come from and why is it against the law to kill them?"
Ok. Maybe they shouldnt be killed.......just flogged. Or is it that I am just getting old. Am I wrong to be so bothered because someone wants to drive, while combing their eyebrows in the vanity mirror during the slow scenes in the movie playing on their laptop dvd player that they are discussing on their cell phone with twenty of their friends on a party line? Is this just another step in my journey to the position of the old man driving to florida in the passing lane at 12 mph?
City driving can be stressfull. I know what a pain it is to be sitting at a light for ten minutes so I can be close enough to make it through the green light just to get to the next red light for a five minute wait and possibly make it to work before they hire someone else in my place. Sometimes I feel like pushing the cars in front of me right on through the light so I can get going. The lights are there for everyones safety, and now I submit everyone's relief. Yeah.....I said relief. Without a break, even professional nascar drivers succumb to fatigue and make mistakes. Unfortunately sometimes even deadly mistakes. If the pros do it, why do we think we can do better. So if anyone reading this just happens to be one of the guys racing to beat the light and thereby narrowly missing my truck, (I doubt it.....they dont have time to wait on a light much less stop to read anything) then please, take your turn at the stop light/sign. Enjoy a "S"mall "T"ime "O"f "P"eace.

Until next time, Peace
Grover

2 comments:

sprinkle4 said...

Don't forget about the 4-way stop ...everybody pulls up at the same time and then they sit and look at each other like 'whose turn is it?' How many times has that one almost gotten ya killed?

Shane said...

Very well written. I don't think this is so much an age thing as it is a maturity thing. I'm 25 and I'm right there with you. My personal issue is with blinkers. I won't pirate your blog with my rants, but I will say this: blinkers are used for changing lanes too -- not just turning.

I think it's also worth looking at the flip side of this gripe. I live in Dallas where driving the speed limit means you're destined to get rear-ended. In Dallas, what you might consider driving safe will either get someone killed or keep you on the highway forever. I think all of my fellow 'Dallasites' will agree that Dallas drivers are the rudest people in the world. If you don't cut somebody off, you're never going to get where you need to go. I mean that literally. When I first moved to Dallas, I had a set of morals and proper driving etiquette. After a couple of weeks I was pulling out in front of people, causing them to slam on their breaks, because simply put, people will not let you in.

Either way, I hear ya and I agree with every word you said. Keep it up.