Sunday, June 19, 2005

Right around the time I turned three, his deep voice entered my memory. I needed to hear I was good enough, that my awkward years would make a diamond from the rough. I always was the apple of his eye that beheld my every mistake and turned it into pride. He gave me gifts of wisdom way beyond my years, he showed me there could be love even through the tears. A devoted champion he comes in many forms:mechanic, carpenter, handyman, a witness when I was born. Sports fanatic, tutor, a great big hugger,artist, war hero, scholar,medicine man, dream weaver, and music lover. Some are by blood, some linked by hearts, it matters not how fathers get the part. If Heaven’s gates await then that’s where I’ll be, once again coming home to where my dad waits for me. You've been gone now so many years, you missed your grandsons births, their smile, their laughter, and their tears. They never got to meet you Dad, so I can only pray. That the lessons that you taught me as a child still show today.
I miss you Dad.
Happy Fathers Day.

1 comment: